UI Artist – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fluik Entertainment Inc.
- Employees: 20
Fluik Entertainment is an Edmonton-based game developer focused on mobile games with broad appeal, typically casual and arcade. We have had several successful titles with combined downloads of 50+ million world wide, but still have that hungry, start-up mentality necessary for achieving success.
Fluik Entertainment is looking for self-motivated energetic individuals, i.e., eager to learn and apply new technologies and excited to see their work enjoyed by millions of users. We are looking for people who like to get involved, give their feedback and take ownership of the projects they are working on. If your main concern is for a desk and paycheck, you're probably not our type (though you will get those as well).
Problem solving is important, as is knowing when to ask for help. Being able to provide and receive feedback is critical! You should enjoy working in an iterative development environment, be open to suggestions, be flexible to feedback and just generally work well with others.
Responsibilities will include working with game designers, other artists, programmers and testers to develop enjoyable games.
- Significant UI design experience
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Passion for the games industry and an understanding of interactive market trends and styles
- Ability to create art assets (especially icons) for UI and able to match existing art styles
- Have a proactive work ethic, capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges
- Able to work well with others
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
Desired Skills and Pluses
- Traditional art background
- Flash or Illustrator knowledge
- Maya or other 3D knowledge (Maya preferred)
- Working in a production pipeline
- Industry experience (not required, but helps a lot!)
Only strong portfolios illustrating strong UI and graphic design skills will be considered. ↑ Top